5th Year MIDS Career Outcomes and Support
5th Year MIDS graduates emerge fully equipped with the interdisciplinary skills needed to solve complex human, social, economic, and health problems using data.
Graduates may go on to successful careers in established technology companies, start-ups, consulting, non-profits, financial services, entertainment, government, health care, and more.
Graduates apply skills as diverse as research design, data engineering, machine learning, data mining and exploring, data visualization, ethics and privacy, statistical analysis, and communicating results.
Recent MIDS employers include:
Recent 5th Year MIDS job titles include:
Machine Learning Engineer
Cyber Risk Consultant
$110,000 median salary
|(Salary data based on 5th Year MIDS Class of 2020.)|
5th Year MIDS students receive one-on-one career coaching and advising, plus a wide range of career training and networking opportunities designed to help them transition smoothly from student to data professional.
LinkedIn Premium Career Membership
All MIDS students receive LinkedIn Premium Career access to help them apply the skills developed in the program. Using the following resources, students can:
- Send direct messages to job posters to make an impression before they apply
- See their profile views in the last 90 days and how job posters found them
- Get listed as a featured job applicant and stand out to recruiters
- Use Applicant Insights to apply with confidence and see how they compare to other job applicants
- Get in-demand skills through access to online courses taught by industry experts
- Receive instant access to salary insights without sharing their personal data
MIDS for Life
In a dynamic industry such as data science, it is crucial for professionals to continue developing their skills throughout their careers. MIDS for Life keeps alumni connected to leading data science practices via world-class MIDS course content.
The MIDS for Life program offers alumni lifelong access to the I School Virtual Campus, where students can retrieve all previously completed MIDS course work and recorded class sessions. Alumni may also view the most up-to-date asynchronous course content, including content for newly released courses, at no charge.