Hi! I'm Zach Day and I'm thrilled to be a part of the MIDS program. I've already forged some awesome friendships with fellow students/instructors and look forward to continuing to build relationships and expand my knowledge/skill sets. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you want to network or discuss any class related topics! Here are a few pieces of information about me:
College: Purdue University, BS - Agricultural Economics
- Nearly any outdoors activities - camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc.
- Trying to figure out how to be a father to my 2 yr old daughter :)
- Personal growth via podcasts, books, seminars, hands-on training
- Toastmasters International (Former Club President, Club #3347 - Indianapolis, IN)
- US Army Intelligence Analyst (2008 - 2012)
- Long Distance Hiker - Appalachian Trail (2012)
- Military Intelligence Civilian Contractor (2012 - 2013)
- Digital Analyst - Salesforce (2014 - 2015)
- Digital Analytics & Strategy Manager - Salesforce (2015 - Current)
- To integrate the skills and relationships acquired through MIDS with my love for the outdoors. I hope to apply my data science skills to conduct innovative research in the area of outdoors conservation/ecological restoration. My driving force is the desire to ensure my children, their future children, etc will have the privilege to enjoy the natural treasures that are currently under threat from human development and other factors.