Effective Project Management
It takes critical thinking, outstanding leadership and a little magic to be a successful Project Manager. Come and learn not only the essential building blocks of project management, but the tricks to managing a variety of complex projects. We will have a combination of interactive lectures, guest speakers and case studies discussions to cover globally recognized standards, best practices and tools that successful project managers use.
The class will meet two hours per week. Some of the topics we will cover are:
- Project processes and methodology
- Managing and balancing the "triple constraint"
- What are the most painful pitfalls and how to avoid them
- What is your personal project management style and its weak points
- How to build a high performing team
- Dealing with difficult people
- Risk and quality management
This course satisfies the Management requirement for the MIMS degree.
Note: This course is currently offered as Information 290MA.
Signing Up for I School Classes
Instructions for Berkeley undergrads, graduate students, and community members