Career Services Communications Intern
The School of Information is seeking a Career Services Communications Intern.
The School of Information is a graduate research and education community committed to expanding access to information and to improving its usability, reliability, and credibility while preserving security and privacy. The School has graduate degrees in data science, cybersecurity, and information management.
This role is with the career services team, which serves all students and alumni in connecting them to job/internships, providing professional development opportunities, and creating meaningful network in the technology industry.
As an intern, you will:
- manage all job postings with the School of Information
- oversee the career services inbox, fielding tech employer inquiries and connecting them to the I School
- create marketing email outreach campaigns for student, employers, and alumni (e.g., mailchimp)
- assist with marketing I School career services & professional development opportunities in our I School community on social media & in Slack
As an intern, you grow your skill set in email and social media marketing, gain experience in a professional environment, and make an impact in connecting students, alumni, and tech companies.
- Experience in email marketing and professional communications.
- Berkeley undergraduate student, available throughout the academic year (Sept–May), with a minimum enrollment expected at UC Berkeley through Spring 2023
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional command of English: efficient and effective writing and editing abilities
- Strong communication skills & ability to appropriately represent the I School
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, or other design tools.
Role can be done virtually or in-person.
Student Assistant III, starting between $16.50–20 per hour commensurate with experience. Work-study is a plus, but not required.