Apply to the MIMS Program
Next start date: August 2018
Application Deadline: January 2018.
The I School’s Master of Information Management and Systems (MIMS) program welcomes students from a diverse set of backgrounds; some will be technically educated, some educated in the humanities and social sciences. Our goal each year is to bring in a talented class of about 50 students from a broad range of academic and professional backgrounds.
All application materials must be received by the deadline, including letters of recommendation, transcripts, and examination results. We encourage you to apply early. The MIMS program does not accept applications for spring term admissions.
Connect with Us
If you are considering applying to the I School, we would encourage you to connect with us and experience our community first-hand. Come visit us on the UC Berkeley campus, meet our current students, or attend one of our events in person or online, to help you determine if the I School is the right fit for you. Sign up for more information about the program, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We look forward to meeting you on campus and online.
The I School receives about 350 applications each year and aims to bring in a class of about 49 students. Applications are evaluated holistically based on a combination of grade point average, GRE score, work experience, statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation. As much as possible, applicants are judged on a combination of these factors. A minimum of two years of job experience is preferred, although not required. All successful applicants must have statements of purpose that demonstrate goals and interests consistent with the mission of the I School.
- A bachelor's degree or its recognized equivalent from an accredited institution
- Superior scholastic record, normally well above a 3.0 GPA
- Successful work experience in relevant fields
- Clear indication of professional career goals and reasons for seeking the degree, described in the Statement of Purpose
- Results of the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- For applicants whose academic work has been in a language other than English, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Programming competency and proficiency
MIMS Class Profile
(Fall 2016 entering class)
|Target class size||49|
|Median GRE percentiles:|
|Avg. years of work exp.||5|