Puya - Hossein Vahabi hold a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering (2009-2012), and a Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Computer Engineering (magna cum laude, 2003-2008). He was associated for many years to the Italian National Research. He is a Program Committee member of the most important computer science conferences: WWW, RecSys, SIGIR, CIKM, Sponsor Chair RecSys 2017.
He is a Lecture at UC Berkeley. He is teaching a course in a Master of Information and Data Science, where students try to apply AI and machine learning on artificial vision problems, health care problems, and much more. He is also a Senior Research Scientist at Pandora Radio, working on audio advertisement engagement prediction. Before that he was a Research Scientist at Yahoo Labs (2014-2016), where he was working on social media data mining (Tumblr/Twitter), deep learning applied for web query expansion in advertisement context (Yahoo Search Ads), and much more.
After PhD he dedicated few years working on his co-founded network of websites with more than 3 million visitors per month (2007 to 2013). In particular between 2007 to 2013, 2.5% of world's internet users have visited one of his websites at least once.
- Specialties: *Product innovation, application oriented research.
- *Research expertise in machine learning, computational advertising, information retrieval, machine/deep learning, graph mining, and recommender systems.
- *Technical skills and experience include large scale data processing in Hadoop, Airflow.
- *Programming experience with Scala, Python, Java, mobile .NET, C, C++, PHP, SQL, Hive
- *List of Academic pubblications: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=rT9WRSsAAAAJ&hl=en