Alumni (MIDS 2015)
I'm taking the accelerated track through the MIDS program, working on the degree and my own data projects full time. Expected graduation date of August 2015.
Coursera Data Science Specialization Certification (2014)
- Passed all nine courses "with distinction"
- Courses include R Programming, Exploratory Data Analysis, Practical Machine Learning, Developing Data Products
BA Economics, minor in Computer Science - Dartmouth College (2012)
- Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Senior Class Marshall (led class at graduation)
Management Consultant at Oliver Wyman (2012 - 2014)
- Solved strategy problems for Fortune 500 retail, pharmaceutical, and financial services companies
- Made frequent visual, accessible presentations about analyses with PowerPoint to senior executives
- Performed a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses in small team settings
Data Side Projects
"Predicting the Next Pitch: Applying Machine Learning to Baseball"
- Using R to predict which pitch a baseball pitcher is about to throw in real time based on their past pitching history with machine learning
Grade Inflation and Enrollment Trends at Dartmouth College
- Scraped data from Dartmouth registrar website for use in a visual blog post analyzing trends