I am excited to be teaching IS 153 - Web Architecture and Information Management - in the Summer of 2011. It is a broad, ambitious course that touches upon many of the foundations of and key technologies in our contemporary information society. I have a broad range of interests at the intersection of people and technology including: technology management, information economics, distributed systems, and human-computer interaction.
My Relevant Work Experience:
- 2007-present: Google.com, Mountain View, CA. Site Reliability Engineering Manager.
- 2006: IBM Research, Hawthorne, NY. Intern / Java Programmer in NLP research.
- 2000-2007: University of California, Berkeley, CA. Systems Engineer / Manager.
- 1999-2000: Richmond Unified School District, Richmond, CA. Middle School Computer Science Teacher.
- 1998-2000: Stanford University, Stanford, CA. Software Engineer / Manager.
- 1998: Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park, CA. Intern in Human-Computer Interaction.
- 1992: BA, Psychology, Stanford University
- 2007: MIMS, School of Information, UC Berkeley
BA, Psychology, Stanford University 1992 MIMS, School of Information, UC Berkeley 2007