MIMS Career Advising
The Career Services staff is available for one-on-one career advising appointments with I School students or alumni.
These scheduled career advising appointments do not replace the wonderful informal discussions we have when you stop by our desks — please continue to visit on a frequent basis! We hope that having appointment availability will augment our informal conversations and provide you with individualized attention to answer your questions.
During your appointment we can focus on:
- Career exploration: examine various career paths and what might be a good fit for you
- Getting a job: review your resume and/or cover letter; discuss networking strategies and potential helpful contacts
- Personal brand: get feedback on your elevator pitch or online presence; look at your values & strengths to see what makes up your personal brand
- Career basics: learn skills and practice interviewing, negotiation, job search, etc.
- Whatever questions, thoughts, challenges, ideas you have!