Marketing & Communications Interns
The I School is seeking multiple motivated interns to join the digital communications team. Digital communications include content production for the web, social media, and various campaigns, and supports the I School’s degree programs in Information, Data Science, and Cybersecurity; as well as alumni and external relations.
We seek skilled writers, students passionate about social media and marketing, and team players who will relish the challenge of helping the I School grow our brand and online presence.
As an intern, you will grow a communications portfolio, gain experience in a professional environment, make an impact through storytelling that supports important research and student success, and take an active role in team brainstorming and pitch ideas.
These are shared skill sets between the open intern positions: social media marketing, writing/copyediting, email marketing, analytics, graphic design, illustration, videography, and photography. A lead will be assigned in each area depending on expertise. In your cover letter, please rank them in terms of your current skill level and interest.
- Written Content Creation: Draft and curate engaging stories to highlight our news, programs, and people
- Social Media: Helps develop and execute our marketing and social media strategies. Manages and grows our current marketing channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium. Uses social media analytics to hone campaigns for efficacy, and keeps the team updated on latest social media trends and innovations
- Email Marketing: Produce email campaigns via MailChimp, audit mailing lists, and provide metrics reporting on campaigns
- Website and analytics: Maintains web metrics and spearhead reporting via Google Analytics
- Multimedia Production: Assist with graphic design, creating visual content, and video production
- Engagement: Attends weekly marketing team meetings with the expectation to lead on occasion
- Events: Assists at I School events as needed (e.g., registration, social media posting, photography)
- Berkeley undergraduate or graduate student, available throughout the academic year (Sept-May)
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional command of English: efficient and effective writing and editing abilities
- Strong analytical ability: Delves into analytics to improve processes; willingness to learn and research solutions independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent self-starter, with strong task management and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills & ability to appropriately represent the I School when coordinating with alumni and faculty
- Professional experience managing social media accounts
- Experience in Google Analytics
- Experience with email strategy or content management system platforms
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Expert in Photography, videography, and/or illustration
Start date: Fall 2019
Schedule: 6-10 hours per week, throughout the academic year (August-May)
Compensation: Student Assistant III, starting between $16-22 per hour. Work-study is a plus, but not required.
How to Apply: Please submit a single PDF document including your cover letter, resume, and applicable work samples to Communi.email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Monday, August 19, 2019.
Questions may be directed to Caitlin Appert-Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.