Marketing & Communications Interns
The I School is seeking 1–2 motivated interns to join the digital communications team. Digital communications include content production for the web, social media, and various campaigns, and support the I School’s degree programs in Information, Data Science, and Cybersecurity; as well as alumni and external relations.
We seek students passionate about content creation, social media and marketing, and team players who will relish the challenge of helping the I School share our story
As an intern, you will grow a communications portfolio, gain experience in a professional environment, make an impact through storytelling that supports important research and student success, and take an active role in team brainstorming and pitch ideas.
We are particularly searching for interns to lead social media efforts. Candidates will be up to date on the latest trends and developments in social media and excited about creating and sharing content on different platforms. In this round in particular we are looking for someone passionate about taking the lead on Instagram storytelling.
- Helps develop and execute our marketing and social media strategies. Manages and grows our current marketing channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium. Uses social media analytics to hone campaigns for efficacy, and keeps the team updated on latest social media trends and innovations
- May work on paid marketing campaigns
- Engagement: Attends weekly marketing team meetings with the expectation to lead on occasion
- Events: Assists at I School events as needed (e.g., registration, social media posting, photography)
- Berkeley undergraduate or graduate student, available throughout the academic year (Sept-May), with a minimum enrollment expected at UC Berkeley through Spring 2022
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional command of English: efficient and effective writing and editing abilities
- Demonstrated ability using social media platforms
- Strong analytical ability: Delves into analytics to improve processes; willingness to learn and research solutions independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent self-starter, with strong task management and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills & ability to appropriately represent the I School when coordinating with alumni and faculty
- Professional experience managing social media accounts
- Expertise writing blog posts and familiarity with Medium.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or other design tools
- Expert in Photography, videography, and/or illustration
Start date: Spring 2021
Schedule: 6–10 hours per week, throughout the academic year (August–May)
Compensation: Student Assistant III, starting between $18–22 per hour commensurate with experience. Work-study is a plus, but not required.
How to Apply: Please submit a single PDF document including your cover letter, resume, and applicable work samples (examples of personal or professional social media is great) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Intern” in the subject. The first review date is March 19, 2021.
Questions may be directed to Caitlin Appert-Nguyen at email@example.com.