The School of Information’s Office of Admissions & Student Affairs is recruiting readers to assist the Admissions Committee in reading and evaluating applications for admissions to our master’s programs. The work will range from 10 to 20 hours per week and will include training sessions on campus and reading applications (typically done at your home/off campus) the remainder of the time.
- Review and evaluate approximately 10-15 applications a week.
- Exercise professional judgment in reviewing, evaluating, and recommending applicants for admission using established guidelines.
- Review applicants’ undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts, resume and work experience, letters of recommendations and essays, and standardized test scores.
- Summarize applicants’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience/training
- Ability to read between 10 to 15 hours each week.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Familiarity with data science, data analytics, and information-centric careers; or Information schools.
- Position requires successful completion of a background check
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or similar major
- Related graduate degree
- Higher education admissions experience or work experience typical of an I School graduate
- Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula and admissions requirements
Salary & Benefits
$25 per hour starting salary.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume to the online application form.
The University of California, Berkeley, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.