DEIB Student Assistant, I School Leadership Development Program
This position is closed.
The School of Information is launching a pilot Leadership Development Program (LDP) for Fall 2021, to increase advancement of women and non-binary students in technology leadership roles by providing an environment that affirms and reflects intersectional experiences.
This program is geared toward mid-career professionals (7+ years work experience) who are part-time students in the the Master of Information & Data Science (MIDS) and Master of Information & Cybersecurity (MICS) degree programs, allowing students to directly apply their learning in the LDP to the context of their work. The 2021–22 LDP pilot program will be open to 25 graduate students.
The graduate School of Information is seeking a graduate student intern to help us launch the LDP program. As an intern, you will:
- assist with program administration with the LDP, including email communications, tracking program success, and curating resources
- help design and implement program learning objectives
- outreach to female and non-binary leaders in technology for opportunities to participate in the LDP program as mentors, panelists, and facilitators
- outreach to potential employers in providing targeted recruiting opportunities to LDP participants
As an intern you will make an impact in helping female & non-binary students expand their leadership toolkit and engage in a community of like-minded individuals interested in exploring gender & technology.
- Experience in email marketing and professional communications
- Berkeley student, available throughout the academic year (Sept–May), with a minimum enrollment expected at UC Berkeley through Spring 2022
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication skills & ability to appropriately represent the I School
- Interest in leadership development and exploring how gender and other identity factors show up and impact student's experiences in the workplace
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, or other design tools.
Student Assistant III, starting between $18–22 per hour commensurate with experience. Work-study is a plus, but not required.