Career Services Student Assistant
This position is closed.
The School of Information is seeking an external relations & marketing intern to join the career services & alumni relations team.
The School of Information is a graduate research and education community committed to expanding access to information and to improving its usability, reliability, and credibility while preserving security and privacy. The School has graduate degrees in data science, cybersecurity, and information management.
This role is with the career services & alumni relations team, which serves all students and alumni in connecting them to job/internships, providing professional development opportunities, and creating meaningful networks in the technology industry.
As an external relations & marketing intern, you will:
- manage all job postings with the School of Information
- oversee the career services inbox, fielding tech employer inquiries and connecting them to the I School
- create marketing email outreach campaigns for student, employers, and alumni (e.g., mailchimp)
- assist with marketing I School career services & professional development opportunities in our I School community, including in the I School Slack team
- Experience in email marketing and professional communications.
- Berkeley undergraduate student, available throughout the academic year (Sept–May), with a minimum enrollment expected at UC Berkeley through Spring 2022
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional command of English: efficient and effective writing and editing abilities
- Strong communication skills & ability to appropriately represent the I School
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, or other design tools.
Student Assistant III, starting between $15–20 per hour commensurate with experience. Work-study is a plus, but not required.