We are pleased you are considering joining one of the graduate degree programs in the UC Berkeley School of Information. The next opportunity to apply for either the MIMS or Ph.D. program is for enrollment in Fall 2014. The I School does not accept applications for spring term admissions.
Ph.D.: December 2, 2013
MIMS: January 6, 2014
The online application will be available in mid-September. We encourage you to thoroughly read our application instructions and begin your application early.
For information about taking a single I School class, without applying for a degree program, see Enrolling in I School Courses.
- MIMS Application Instructions: Admission applications, requirements, and instructions for the MIMS degree
- Ph.D. Application Instructions: Admission applications, requirements, and instructions for the doctoral degree
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): More information about applying to the I School
- Visit Us: Visit the Berkeley campus, sit in on I School classes, or meet current students
- Admission Events: Open house, graduate fairs, and other events for prospective students
- Request Information: Request I School brochures, notices of upcoming admissions events, and other information